OK, so you've caught your limit of trout now what do you do?
First, learn to fillet those scrumptious delicacies for easy cooking....and eating.
Next, choose from an assortment of the Troutlet Chef's personal trout recipes guaranteed to make you hungry just from reading!
You will need:
1. 2 pounds trout fillets2. Italian bread crumbs3. Seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic, and/or lemon pepper)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place fillets in baking dish or pan, fillet side up (skin side down). Season to taste (salt, pepper, garlic, and/or lemon pepper). Liberally sprinkle Italian bread crumbs over the fillets to completely cover them. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. The bread crumbs will turn light brown.
1. 4 Medium Brook Trout2. 2 cups French Dressing3. 1/3 cup water4. 2 tablespoons butter5. 1 hard boiled egg (chopped)
Place trout in a baking pan. Pour over them the water and French dressing. Bake in moderate oven for about 10 minutes. Add the chopped hard boiled egg and the butter. Bake 5 minutes longer until egg and butter are made part of the sauce. Serve hot.
1. 2 pounds of trout fillets2. 8 ounce can of white-sauce (New England style) clam chowder3. 1 clove of garlic
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place fillets in baking dish or pan, fillet side up (skin side down). Follow clam chowder directions (with most canned clam chowders, add a can of water). Add garlic to clam chowder. Heat clam chowder in a pot to simmer. Pour clam chowder over trout fillets. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
The clam chowder in the baking pan can be thickened to make an excellent sauce to serve over the bakes trout fillets.
1. 11/2 lbs trout fillets (6 pieces)2. 1 cup cucumber (peeled, diced)3. 1 cup milk4. 1/4 cup onion (chopped)5. 2 tablespoons flour6. 1/2 teaspoon dill weed7. 3 tablespoons lemon juice8. Salt and pepper
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Sauté cucumber and onion until tender. Blend in flour and dill weed. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste keep warm. Meanwhile, place each serving of fish in the center of a piece of foil. Fold edges to seal. Place packages on baking sheet. Bake in 475º F (240º C) oven for 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Drain fish and serve with cucumber sauce. Serves 6.
1. 1 onion (minced)2. 2 tomatoes3. 1 teaspoon lemon juice4. Salt and Pepper to taste
Fill cavity of fish with copped onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle lemon juice over fish, along with salt and pepper. Wrap fish in foil. Barbecue fish approximately 10 minutes on each side.
1. 4 Rainbow trout fillets2. 1/2 cup unsalted butter3. 1 tablespoon paprika4. 2 1/2 teaspoon salt5. 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper6. 3/4 teaspoon white pepper7. 3/4 teaspoon black pepper8. 1/2 teaspoon thyme9. 1/2 teaspoon oregano10. 1 teaspoon onion powder11. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat large, heavy skillet until very hot. Combine paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, and oregano in a small bowl. Dip fillets in melted butter, then in seasoning mixture. Place in hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until blackened.
1. 4 whole trout, cleaned 2. 4 strips of bacon 3. 4 sprigs of fresh thyme 4. 1 lemon 5. salt and pepper to taste
Oil and preheat grill. Slightly cook the bacon in a frying pan, so that it's started to be cooked but still pliable. Rinse out the trout and pat dry with a paper towel. Place a sprig of thyme inside each fish. Wrap each trout with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place trout on grill or in an oiled grill basket. Grill 5-7 minutes per side depending on the size of the trout. When the meat turns opaque in the center and easily flakes then the fish are done. Discard bacon and pour a little fresh lemon juice over each fish. Serve.
1. 1/2 cup Sliced fresh mushrooms2. 1/4 cup Chopped green onions3. 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese4. 2 pounds Whole trout (cleaned)5. Salt and pepper
In a small bowl, combine mushrooms, green onions and cheese spoon into cavity of each fish. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Securely close cavities with toothpicks or skewers to keep stuffing inside. Place on lightly greased broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 5 to 10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.
1. 2 pounds of trout fillets2. 1 tablespoon salt3. 1/8 tablespoon pepper4. 1 egg5. 1 tablespoon milk6. 1 cup flour (or ½ cup flour and ½ cup cornmeal)
Sprinkle fillets or whole trout inside and out with salt and pepper. Beat egg and blend in milk. Dip fish in egg/milk mixture and roll in flour or flour/cornmeal mix. Place fish in frying pan with 1/8 inch cooking oil. Cook on moderate heat until golden brown on both sides. Cooking time is approximately 10 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
You will need:1. 6 small trout2. Salt or seasoning for fish3. 6 teaspoons olive oil4. 1 onion (sliced thin)5. Butter
Rub trout with olive oil and sprinkle salt or seasoning to taste. Place onions in the body cavity with pats of butter. Wrap with aluminum foil. Place on preheated grill rack and cook for 15 minutes, turning as needed.
1. 4 average trout (cleaned, of course)2. 1 ½ cup macadamia nuts (chopped fine)3. 1 cup pitted prunes (chopped fine)4. ! tablespoon sweet sherry5. 1 ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs6. Salt and pepper7. 1 lemon8. 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped)9. 1 teaspoon dill (chopped)10. 1 teaspoon olive oil11. toothpicks
Mix nuts, prunes, sherry and breadcrumbs together in bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste while mixing in parsley and dill. Mould mixture into cavity of trout (secure with toothpicks). Heat oil to medium in a large pan. Cook trout for 3-4 minutes on each side. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and a garnish with fresh chopped chives or dill. Serves four.
You will need:1. 1 Rainbow Trout, whole2. 2 tablespoons butter3. Bacon Fry Coating Mix4. 1 onion (chopped)5. 4-5 Idaho Potatoes (cubed)6. 1 egg (for coating)
Heat margarine in your fry pan over medium high heat. If you use butter, lower the heat a little to prevent smoking. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add potato. Cook until potato softens up a little, approximately 10 minutes. Make room for the fish.
Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Drying will prevent the fish from steaming when you cook it. . Drench fish into egg and coat with Bacon Fry Coating Mix. Add fish to the fry pan and cook until golden brown and the meat separates from the backbone. Another way to test for doneness is when the dorsal and pectoral fins pull out easily.
Remove the fish, onions, and potatoes to a plate, cover with foil to keep warm. Cook your eggs any way you please in the fry pan and serve with fish, onions, and potatoes. Of course some home made biscuits would be nice, but that's another trip. Enjoy!
1. 2 Whole dressed trout -OR- 4 -Trout fillets2. Salt and pepper3. 1/2 cup Cornmeal4. Cooking oil
Put salt, pepper and cornmeal in paper bag. Drop trout in bag and shake vigorously to coat with mixture. Place in hot frying pan and cook until golden brown.
1. 4 whole fresh trout, cleaned 2. 2 cups spinach, chopped 3. 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs 4. 1 cup white wine 5. 1/4 cup dry sherry 6. 1/4 cup olive oil 7. 1/4 cup pine nuts 8. 1/4 cup green onions, chopped 9. 4 tablespoons skim milk 10. 2 teaspoons butter 11. 1 teaspoon light cooking oil 12. 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice 13. 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Sauté green onions in olive oil and sherry until they start to soften. Add spinach and pine nuts. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, milk and lemon juice. Mix well. Wash and pat dry the trout. Stuff each trout with 1/4 of the spinach mixture. Tie with kitchen string to secure stuffing. Set aside. Preheat grill. Combine wine, pepper and butter in a pan and bring to a boil. Cook until alcohol has evaporated. Place trout on hot grill. Brush with wine mixture and grill until done, basting occasionally. Trout are done when the meat flakes easily.
1. 6 Rainbow Trout fillets 2. ½ cup butter3. 4 tablespoons green onion (chopped)4. 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)5. 3 cloves of garlic (minced)6. 1 tablespoon lemon juice7. 8 ounce can of sliced mushrooms (drained)8. 14 ounce can of artichoke hearts (sliced and drained)9. 1 teaspoon of salt10. ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pat rainbow trout fillets with a paper towel and place in flat baking dish. Melt butter in sauce pan and sauté the green onions, parsley and garlic until tender. Add lemon juice, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper.
Cook trout for 3 minutes until heated thoroughly. Pour sauce over the fillets and bake for 20 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork. Serves 4.
1. 2 lbs trout fillets2. 1/2 cup creamy italian salad dressing3. 1/2 cup butter (melted)4. 11/2 cups potato chips (crushed)5. 8 slices (Velveets cheese)
Place fish in a 9x12" baking dish. Pour salad dressing over fish and then melted butter. Sprinkle potato chips over fish and add cheese slices. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
1. 1 Trout, whole, with head, firm-fleshed2. 2 large Eggs, beaten3. 3/4 cup Cornstarch4. 1/2 cup Flour5. Oil, peanut, for deep frying6. Salt (to taste)7. Pepper, white (to taste)8. Sweet and Sour Sauce
Split the fish down the back and remove the backbone and entrails. Spread and sprinkle the fish with salt, and pepper. Spread the beaten egg on the fish and sprinkle with cornstarch, then coat with flour. Pat to coat securely. Heat the oil to very hot and fry fish until golden brown. Remove and let cool. When ready to serve, put into hot oil to heat and crisp the fish.
1. 1 Whole Trout2. Chopped herbs (marjoram, parsley, thyme)3. Butter4. 1/2 Bottle White wine
Clean the trout. The incision in the belly should be as small as possible consistent with the requirement to remove the entrails and clean. Inside the cleaned trout place the chopped herbs and a tablespoon of butter. Place the fish in an oven dish and add salt and pepper to taste. Pour two cups of wine over the fish. Cook in hot oven about 25 minutes. Add a little more melted butter, stir in and cook for another 5 minutes.
1. 4 8oz trout fillets.2. Italian Salad Dresssing
Serve with new potatoes and sauté ed zucchini. Garnish with fresh parsley.
1. 6 Rainbow Trout fillets 2. 1 cup mayonnaise3. 1 egg white (beaten)4. 1/3 cup chives (minced)5. 1 Tablespoon parsley (minced)6. 4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine the mayonnaise and chives. Fold 1/2 the beaten egg whites into the mixture to lighten the mayonnaise. Place fillets on an elevated rack in a large greased baking dish. Cover evenly with the mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley. Bake for about 5 minutes or until the topping is starting to get puffy. Finish under the broiler. Fish is done when the topping becomes a golden brown.
1. 2 small Whole fish (about 1 lb. each), cleaned2. Salt3. Freshly ground pepper to taste4. 1 Lemon5. 12 Sprigs thyme
Prepare hot coals for grilling. Cut 3 crosswise diagonal slits, about 1/2 inch deep and 2 inches apart, in each side of fish don't cut down to bone. Sprinkle the fish lightly with salt and pepper, and rub it into the slits. Thinly slice the lemon place 1 slice and 1 sprig of thyme in each slit. Wrap each fish in aluminum foil. Grill the fish over high heat turning once, until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Home Contact Us 100% Guarantee Warranty Repairs & Replacements About Us Privacy Search International Orders
Telescopic Fishing Rods Quantum Fishing Rods Spin Casting Rods Daiwa Fishing Rods Berkley Fishing Rods Ugly Stik Fishing Rods Shimano Fishing Rods Shakespeare Fishing Rods Zebco Fishing Rods Pflueger Fishing Rods & Reels
© Copyright 2008 Jadeos, Inc. dba Troutlet.com. All rights reserved.